Corporate Counsel’s editorial department is pleased to announce the finalists of our 2022 Best Legal Departments awards. We have selected outstanding corporate legal departments and legal leaders that stood out in a challenging year.
The winners will be announced live at The American Lawyer Industry Awards on Nov. 10. Full profiles of the winners will run on Corporate Counsel in November.
Congratulations to all the finalists!
Finalists for Legal Department of the Year
- Moderna, Inc.
Finalists for GC of the Year
- Raj Aji, General Counsel and Compliance Officer, Bill.com
- Daniel M. Gallagher, Chief Legal Officer, Robinhood Markets, Inc.
- Nicole Linda Kelsey, Chief Legal Officer and Secretary, Amyris, Inc.
- Kelli Roach, General Counsel, Black Mountain Sand
Finalists for Best Deputy or Associate GC
- Stan Ball, Eaton Corporation
- Ryan Chen, Affirm, Inc.
- Rachel Mantz, TransUnion LLC
- Josh Parecki, Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
Finalists for Best Legal Ops Team
- General Motors
- Marsh McLennan
- Salesforce, Inc
- Xcel Energy Inc.
Finalists for Best Use of Technology
- Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company
- Lumen Technologies, Inc. and Epiq
- Rubrik, Inc.
- Splunk Inc.
Finalists for Champion of Diversity Award
- Samrat (Sam) S. Khichi, EVP, Corporate Development, Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs and GC, Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD)
- Amy Tu, EVP, CLO & Secretary, Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Rishi Varma, SVP & GC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co.
Finalists for Purpose and Wellbeing Award
- Shanti Ariker, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Zendesk
- Jacqueline Lee, VP & General Counsel at Flynn Restaurant Group
- Jeff True, General Counsel, Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
Finalists for Compliance Department of the Year
- Tenneco Inc.
- Zebra Technologies Corp.
Finalists for Startup Solo GC of the Year
- Christi Cox, General Counsel, Epirus
- Kirupa Pushparaj, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Step Mobile Inc.